I'm Not One To Gossip, But.........

Tankers being blown up in Iran. Is this a new World War ?

It All Starts Here… Forums International Affairs Tankers being blown up in Iran. Is this a new World War ?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mikers mikers 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mikers
    mikers
    Keymaster

So tankers are now being blown up in Iran by “someone” firing torpedoes or laying mines. The US says its Iran. Iran says its the US. Israel is saying nothing and terrorist groups are also keeping schtum. It all doesnt make sense. I dont think Iran would do that, it would be asking for trouble. Personally I think this one is the US playing games and trying to make Iran look bad. Dangerous path, but wouldnt put it past them…

Jim
    Jim
    Participant

So since we posted this we’ve got the British kidnapping an Iranian tanker and now the Iranians taking a British tanker. Could be the start of something really nasty, especially with Trump in charge.

And Boris is about to be crowned PM! Could it get any more dangerous ???

Jim
    Jim
    Participant

So since we posted this we’ve got the British kidnapping an Iranian tanker and now the Iranians taking a British tanker. Could be the start of something really nasty, especially with Trump in charge.

America are making moves to stop the tanker leaving Gibralter with a decision due on Thursday says Sky News. I wonder what thats all about, it was the British who stopped it initially, why are they happy to let it go ? and why is Uncle Sam so keen to keep it when they wouldnt help before ?

mikers
    mikers
    Keymaster

America are making moves to stop the tanker leaving Gibralter with a decision due on Thursday says Sky News. I wonder what thats all about, it was the British who stopped it initially, why are they happy to let it go ? and why is Uncle Sam so keen to keep it when they wouldnt help before ?

SO its sailed – strangely with a new name ?! – but Gibralter said the US had no right to keep it. Trump, in his wisdom has said he doesnt care because Iran “hasnt taken any of our tankers”. Well thats alright then. As long as US tankers are good, no problem.

I wonder how long it will be before the british flagged one, complete with poor bloody indian crew on board, see the outside world…

mikers
    mikers
    Keymaster

SO its sailed – strangely with a new name ?! – but Gibralter said the US had no right to keep it. Trump, in his wisdom has said he doesnt care because Iran “hasnt taken any of our tankers”. Well thats alright then. As long as US tankers are good, no problem.

I wonder how long it will be before the british flagged one, complete with poor bloody indian crew on board, see the outside world…

Its brilliant! The tanker is now on the move and the oil “has been sold”!! we dont know who to, the US dont want it sold to anyone, but Iran is just running the show here. I wonder what the response will be… https://news.sky.com/story/oil-on-tanker-released-by-gibraltar-has-been-sold-says-iran-11794546

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.