I'm Not One To Gossip, But.........

Parliament to try to block Brexit

It All Starts Here… Forums Brexit Parliament to try to block Brexit

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by FredB Fred Bally 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    henry
    henry
    Participant

I Can’t believe they are trying to pass a motion today which will stop a no-deal Brexit! Whatever happened to democracy ? I want a WTO Brexit and I voted for it.

fatmanfilms
    fatmanfilms
    Participant

I agree the behaviour of elected MP’s is quite outrageous, in earlier times they would have been stoned to death.

mikers
    mikers
    Keymaster

Stoning’s too good for them. String ’em up! Its the only fair way.

Loz1893
    Loz1893
    Participant

With Labour having said they won’t support the “Government of National Unity”, I cant see how Parliament will be able to block a no deal Brexit

mikers
    mikers
    Keymaster

It’s going to be a massive slog out in the next two months. Dominic Cummings versus Remain politicians basically. It’s fascinating to watch from the outside.

Loz1893
    Loz1893
    Participant

Just when you think it can’t get anymore bonkers, along comes Caroline Lucas.

I guess this was just a publicity stunt. Surely she can’t be that daft as to expect this be taken seriously.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/11/cabinet-women-no-deal-brexit-caroline-lucas

mikers
    mikers
    Keymaster

She’s been blown out of the water with this, saying it has to be a women only cabinet but then failing to include any ethnic minorities so critics pointing out only white females then, and certainly no males!

Lucas has always been a basket case. Green is good, but not the kind of fanatical green she promotes.

Loz1893
    Loz1893
    Participant

Nevermind Parliament blocking Brexit. Looks like Boris is about to block Parliament. Glorious!

mikers
    mikers
    Keymaster

Nevermind Parliament blocking Brexit. Looks like Boris is about to block Parliament. Glorious!

Its about 1pm here now and its kicking off big time on the radio. This is the big showdown! if Boris gets through this, he’s won. If he doesnt, remain has won.

sounds simple, but its boiling down to that.

mikers
    mikers
    Keymaster

Its about 1pm here now and its kicking off big time on the radio. This is the big showdown! if Boris gets through this, he’s won. If he doesnt, remain has won.

sounds simple, but its boiling down to that.

I’m not so sure, I think he’s won either way. If the courts, or Parliament find a way to stop him, he’ll just call a General Election and campaign as Parliament verses the People. He’ll win by a landslide.

He’s killed farage off, thats for sure.

Loz1893
    Loz1893
    Participant

That’s probably the case if the UK leaves. I’m sure Farage will moan if the UK ends up striking a deal with the EU, but once the country is out then he won’t have much support.

It’s so amusing watching the outrage today over what Boris has done. Remain have broken many constitutional rules to frustrate the Brexit process but when someone else tries it then they’re furious. Parliament has had 3 years to resolve this and have gotten nowhere which is why Boris is absolutely right to remove them from the equation and deliver the result of the 2016 referendum.

mikers
    mikers
    Keymaster

That’s probably the case if the UK leaves. I’m sure Farage will moan if the UK ends up striking a deal with the EU, but once the country is out then he won’t have much support.

It’s so amusing watching the outrage today over what Boris has done. Remain have broken many constitutional rules to frustrate the Brexit process but when someone else tries it then they’re furious. Parliament has had 3 years to resolve this and have gotten nowhere which is why Boris is absolutely right to remove them from the equation and deliver the result of the 2016 referendum.

Personally Im still not convinced we will leave. i think it will be such a transformational month, we will end up looking for another 6 months.

FredB
    Fred Bally
    Participant

Barry Gardener just seemed to recommend civil disobedience on LBC. Its on the edge of all kicking off.

FredB
    Fred Bally
    Participant

So we are going into the final month.

It couldnt be any closer now. The remainers are plotting to overthrow Johnson. Johnson doesnt give a toss and is heading on regardless. It could end up with the Queen having to step in.

YOu couldnt make this stuff up. Its definitely do or die for Brexit. If it doesnt happen now, it wont happen.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.